April 25th, 2019
Spelling: None today.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due Fridays.
Reading: We read a science book called, “Break it Down” about how scientists separate mixtures using filters, centrifuges, or with chromatography. They separate mixtures to take out valuable parts or to study what is in them.
Writing: We practiced presenting our slide presentations with a partner. Students also worked on final corrections and edits to their slides.
Homework is to work on writing for 15 minutes and make sure your slides are finished and edited!
Science: We drew a model of the food dye chromatography experiment we did, trying to understand what the molecules might be doing.
Social Studies: None today.
Character Strength: We are learning about appreciation of beauty and excellence this week.
- The I-Search Conference is tomorrow! Students, wear something nice. Parents are invited! See the conference schedule to know when your student is presenting and where.
- One way to get your student ready for middle school is to have them do a Daily Homework Time of 15 minutes of math and writing every day.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
- 5th Grade Camp is May 23-24. Find more information here.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 6th grade.