May 9th, 2019
Spelling: None today due to a taking a 5th grade picture for the yearbook.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due Fridays.
Reading: None today due to a class project.
Writing: We worked on group presentations about our Jet Toy Challenge engineering project. Students will present to visiting engineers tomorrow.
A collection of poems will be due Sunday, May 19. Homework on weekdays is to work on writing for 15 minutes.
Math: We practiced multiplying fractions again today. Homework on weekdays is to practice math for 15 minutes using MobyMax or Khan Academy. Some students are getting behind in completing fraction skills. This would be a good thing to check with your student on.
Science: We wrote a scientific explanation about why sugar and citric acid would be good ingredients to use in a salad dressing because they dissolve easily.
Social Studies: We read the battles of the American Revolution and the turning point in the war.
Character Strength: We are learning about leadership this week.
- 5th Grade Camp is May 23-24. Please send in final payments. The Camp Information Meeting is Wednesday, May 15 at 5 pm in Mrs. Drake’s room. Find more information about camp here.
- Check out the GRASP program as an inexpensive way to give your student a reading or math boost over the summer. A final jumpstart before middle school!
- One way to get your student ready for middle school is to have them do a Daily Homework Time of 15 minutes of math and writing every day.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 6th grade.