May 13th, 2019
Spelling: None today due to extra time with math.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due Fridays.
Reading: None today due to extra time with science.
Writing: None today. A collection of poems will be due Sunday, May 19. Homework on weekdays is to work on writing for 15 minutes.
Science: We did an attraction test today by putting drops of water or oil on pennies. We noticed that we could fit more drops of water on a penny than oil, because the water had a higher attraction than the oil.
Social Studies: We read about some factors that helped the colonists win the American Revolution.
Character Strength: We are learning about the #OtherPeopleMatter mindset.
- 5th Grade Camp is May 23-24. Please send in final payments. The Camp Information Meeting is Wednesday, May 15 at 5 pm in Mrs. Drake’s room. Find more information about camp here.
- Check out the GRASP program as an inexpensive way to give your student a reading or math boost over the summer. A final jumpstart before middle school!
- One way to get your student ready for middle school is to have them do a Daily Homework Time of 15 minutes of math and writing every day.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 6th grade.