May 15th, 2019
Spelling: None today.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due Fridays.
Reading: Students completed a STAR Reading test today.
Writing: We talked about using line breaks to write words on a line that all belong to the same idea. Students also worked on their poems. A collection of poems will be due Sunday, May 19. Homework on weekdays is to work on writing for 15 minutes.
Science: We did an experiment together to test how to get water and oil to stay mixed together. To do this, we mixed in some corn starch, flour, or lecithin. We found the lecithin helped the oil and water stay mixed, the flour stayed mixed for a while but started to separate into layers, and the corn starch separated quickly.
Social Studies: We reviewed for tomorrow’s test about the American Revolution.
Character Strength: We are learning about the #OtherPeopleMatter mindset.
- 5th Grade Camp is May 23-24. Please send in final payments. Find more information about camp here.
- Check out the GRASP program as an inexpensive way to give your student a reading or math boost over the summer. A final jumpstart before middle school!
- One way to get your student ready for middle school is to have them do a Daily Homework Time of 15 minutes of math and writing every day.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 6th grade.