May 16th, 2019
Spelling: Students completed a writing log entry about their I-Search presentation.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due Fridays.
Reading: Today was a discussion day in Literature Circles; students also completed an AR test about their last Literature Circles book.
Writing: We talked adding white space to a poem by adding blank lines around the important parts so that they are set apart.
Students also worked on their poems. A collection of poems will be due Sunday, May 19. Homework on weekdays is to work on writing for 15 minutes.
Science: We used a simulation to model how an emulsifier, like lecithin, helps oil and water to mix together.
Social Studies: Students worked on a test about the American Revolution.
Character Strength: We are learning about the #OtherPeopleMatter mindset.
- 5th Grade Camp is May 23-24. Please send in final payments. Find more information about camp here.
- Check out the GRASP program as an inexpensive way to give your student a reading or math boost over the summer. A final jumpstart before middle school!
- One way to get your student ready for middle school is to have them do a Daily Homework Time of 15 minutes of math and writing every day.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 6th grade.