May 17th, 2019
Spelling: We reviewed the their/they’re/there/theirs/there’s homophones.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due Fridays.
Reading: We set up Epic accounts and read books today. Epic is a digital library of ebooks. You can purchase a subscription for the entire summer for $3. That will give your student more than enough to keep them reading before middle school starts!
Writing: Students worked on publishing their poems today. A collection of poems will be due Sunday, May 19. Homework on weekdays is to work on writing for 15 minutes.
Science: We used a simulation to model how an emulsifier, like lecithin, helps oil and water to mix together.
Social Studies: We read about the Articles of Confederation, our country’s first government.
Character Strength: We are learning about the #OtherPeopleMatter mindset.
- 5th Grade Camp is May 23-24. Please send in final payments. Find more information about camp here.
- Check out the GRASP program as an inexpensive way to give your student a reading or math boost over the summer. A final jumpstart before middle school!
- One way to get your student ready for middle school is to have them do a Daily Homework Time of 15 minutes of math and writing every day.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 6th grade.