May 20th, 2019
Spelling: None today.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due Fridays.
Reading: Today was a day for school-wide reading assessments.
Writing: We started our final project of the year, called Find It, Decide It. Students will work in partners to research a topic and use information to make an informed decision. This project will be due Sunday, June 2. Homework on weekdays is to work on writing for 15 minutes.
Science: We used digital tools to model how an emulsifier helps oil and water to mix.
Social Studies: We read more about the problems of the Articles of Confederation.
- Important Dates
- 5th Grade Camp, May 23-24. Find more information about camp here.
- Field Day, June 7
- 5th Grade Farewell Program, June 13 9 am – 12 pm.
- Waterpark Field Trip, June 14, 10 am – 3 pm.
- Check out the GRASP program as an inexpensive way to give your student a reading or math boost over the summer. A final jumpstart before middle school!
- One way to get your student ready for middle school is to have them do a Daily Homework Time of 15 minutes of math and writing every day.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 6th grade.