September 9th, 2019
Spelling: None today.
Cursive: Cursive pp. 1-3 are available and due on Monday.
Reading: We used our reading time to create our class mission statement. We look at some mission statements from different companies. Some were short and easy to remember; some were very wordy. We chose a short one. We thought this explains our mission this year: “Every student in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 5th grade.” Homework: if you haven’t yet, now would be a good time to get your student back into the habit of reading 20 minutes a night!
Writing: Students created an “Authority List” in their Google Docs and started to add some ideas. This is a list of topics that each student knows about and has learned about (people they know, places they’ve been, sports, they play, books they’ve read). We’ll use this list for some writing ideas this year.
Our first piece of writing, a personal narrative, will be due Friday, September 20. We’ll start prewriting it tomorrow. Homework this year in writing will be to work on writing for 15 minutes on weekdays.
Math: None today. We did choose a class math goal: to improve our class average math level and to grow a year or more by the end of the year. We’ll use STAR Math tests to measure our progress.
Science: Students received science notebooks today. Each student will need a poly envelope to store their notebook in.
Social Studies: None today.
- If you want to order a new McGrath shirt or other spirit wear, do that here before Thursday!
- No school this Friday; it’s Ally Partnership Day.
- Buy chromebook insurance for $25. Due by September 26. Here are more details about chromebook insurance.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
- The Science, Social Studies, and Technology pages were recently updated.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 5th grade.