November 22nd, 2019
Spelling: Today was a preview of upcoming spelling words.
Cursive: Cursive pp. 33-35 were due today.
Reading: Today was a discussion day in Literature Circles.
Writing: We practiced editing for run-on sentences again today. We also learned how to use a spelling and grammar checker in Google Docs to check for mistakes.
Students also worked on publishing today by giving their story a title, deleting prewriting, and resolving comments to make the writing ready to read.
A fiction story is due Sunday, November 24. Homework on weekdays is to work on writing for 15 minutes. Your student should be finishing up their story this weekend.
Science: None today due to extra social studies.
Social Studies: We finished reading about how our government uses checks and balances to limit the power of each branch.
Character Strength: We are learning about gratitude this week.
- Our field trip to the Michigan Capitol and Historical Museum is Thursday, December 12. Students need to arrive to school at 7:15 am and will need a sack lunch with disposable containers. We still need some chaperones. Find more details or request to be a chaperone here.
- Have you started a Daily Homework Time with your student? If homework causes tears or battles, or if you have had to deal with missing assignments or low grades, read more about Daily Homework Time and start one with your student. It will help!
- The pizza kit fundraiser for our Mackinac trip is happening right now. Money and order forms are due December 3.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 5th grade.