November 26th, 2019
Spelling: Students learned common spelling pattern for the long /e/ sound: e, ee, ea, y
Cursive: No cursive assignment this week.
Reading: Today was a reading skills practice day using MobyMax Reading Skills Informational and Literature.
Writing: We talked writing an interesting lead at the beginning of a story by starting with visual details for scenery or a character, writing some talking, or adding some action to start the story.
Students also worked on planning the beginning, middle and ending of their story.
A fiction story is due Sunday, December 15. Homework on weekdays is to work on writing for 15 minutes. Your student should be finishing prewriting tonight.
Science: We read a book about how some animals (turtles, lizards) use their sense of sight to look for food, while others (guinea pigs) use their sense of smell to find food.
Social Studies: Students worked on the Power Problems note page started last week. This is homework if not done in class.
Character Strength: We are learning about gratitude this week.
- Tomorrow is a half day.
- Our field trip to the Michigan Capitol and Historical Museum is Thursday, December 12. Students need to arrive to school at 7:15 am and will need a sack lunch with disposable containers. We still need some chaperones. Find more details or request to be a chaperone here.
- Have you started a Daily Homework Time with your student? If homework causes tears or battles, or if you have had to deal with missing assignments or low grades, read more about Daily Homework Time and start one with your student. It will help!
- The pizza kit fundraiser for our Mackinac trip is happening right now. Money and order forms are due December 3.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 5th grade.