January 16th, 2020
Spelling: We started practicing common spelling patterns for the /s/ sound.
Cursive: Cursive pp. 48-50 are available and are due Friday.
Reading: We used this time to work on building a model in science.
Writing: Students worked on revising their Choose Your Own Adventure fiction gamebook. The goal is to write a new page every day, with a minimum of seven pages for this project. If a student writes one page at school and home each day, they will end up with 14 pages!
Homework on weekdays is to work on writing for 15 minutes. Students should be finished with their Google Site adventure story and should have at least seven pages completed by now. Each page should have a mix of talking, action, and visual details.
This project is due Wednesday, January 22. Some ideas and resources are below:
Choose Your Own Adventure Resources
- Here are some good student examples:
- Look through the Underground Railroad Interactive History Adventure book (hint: search for “the end” to see some of the endings of the book).
- Look at some examples of different kinds of endings in a Choose Your Own Adventure Story.
- Find a complete list of resources here.
Math: Some students were again working on finishing two-digit multiplication in MobyMax Math, and others were working on other topics. Homework on weekdays is to practice math for 15 minutes using MobyMax or Khan Academy.
Science: Students worked with partners to make a model of how different types of eyes see in bright light and low light.
Here’s what the students came up with:
Social Studies: None today due to extra science.
Character Strength: We are learning about prudence this week.
- No school on Monday January 30 and 27.
- Family Math and Science Night is January 30 from 5:30-7:00 pm. Lots of fun experiments, math games, and free hot dogs! Please come!
- Is your student doing a Daily Homework Time? Here’s a sample schedule and more ideas to get started.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 5th grade.