January 17th, 2020
Spelling: None today.
Cursive: Cursive pp. 48-50 are available and were due today.
Reading: We learned about the Civil Rights movement and Martin Luther King Jr. during this time and also started reading a little about this time of history.
Homework on weekdays is to work on writing for 15 minutes. Students should be revising by adding new details, or editing at this point.
This project is due Wednesday, January 22. Some ideas and resources are below:
Choose Your Own Adventure Resources
- Here are some good student examples:
- Look through the Underground Railroad Interactive History Adventure book (hint: search for “the end” to see some of the endings of the book).
- Look at some examples of different kinds of endings in a Choose Your Own Adventure Story.
- Find a complete list of resources here.
Math: Today was our last class work day to work on two-digit multiplication in MobyMax Math. We’ll try to finish up two-digit multiplication in Khan Academy next week. Homework on weekdays is to practice math for 15 minutes using MobyMax or Khan Academy.
Science: Students pairs explained the vision models they made yesterday to another group of students. Homework is to finish notebook p. 89 if not done in class.
Social Studies: We used this time to learn about Martin Luther King Jr.
Character Strength: We are learning about prudence this week.
- No school on Monday, January 20 and 27.
- Family Math and Science Night is January 30 from 5:30-7:00 pm. Lots of fun experiments, math games, and free hot dogs! Please come!
- Is your student doing a Daily Homework Time? Here’s a sample schedule and more ideas to get started.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 5th grade.