January 23rd, 2020
Spelling: None today.
Cursive: Cursive pp. 51-52 are available and are due Friday.
Reading: Today was a reading assessment day for some students. We also practiced reading with MobyMax Reading Stories.
Writing: We started our next writing topic, a literary essay. Today, we looked at an example essay and reviewed the elements of an essay. Here is a literary essay written in a past year using the elements of an essay. A literary essay is due Tuesday, February 11.
Homework on weekdays is to work on writing for 15 minutes. Students could be making any final changes to their adventure story tonight.
Math: Students worked on a STAR Math test today and also worked on finishing the 1- and 2-Digit Multiplication topics in Khan Academy. Homework on weekdays is to practice math for 15 minutes using MobyMax or Khan Academy.
Science: Students wrote a scientific explanation today about how geckos see and how too much light would affect their vision.
Social Studies: None today.
Character Strength: We are learning about perseverance this week.
- No school on Monday, January 27.
- Family Math and Science Night is January 30 from 5:30-7:00 pm. Lots of fun experiments, math games, and free hot dogs! Please come!
- Is your student doing a Daily Homework Time? Here’s a sample schedule and more ideas to get started.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 5th grade.