February 21st, 2020
Spelling: None today. We’ll be working on our leadership notebooks during spelling this week.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due on Fridays.
Reading: We read about how sound travels through the particles of different materials.
A persuasive letter is due Sunday, March 1. Homework on weekdays is to work on writing for 15 minutes. Students should be done with prewriting and drafting at this point.
Here are some resources to help with this project:
Science: Students tested different materials to see if sound travels through them. They learned that sound travels through air, water, and solid objects.
Social Studies: Today was a leader lesson about making a plan to reach a goal.
Character Strength: None this week.
- Celebration of Learning is Wednesday, March 4 from 4:30-7:00 pm. Come see your student’s leadership notebook, writing portfolio, and tour the school!
- Spring conferences are March 3 and 5. Students with academic or behavior concerns may be asked to attend a conference. View, sign up or edit your conference time here.
- Is your student doing a Daily Homework Time? Here’s a sample schedule and more ideas to get started.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at Jupiter Ed.
- Please send in remaining Mackinac donations and payments by Friday, April 17. Find more details about our Mackinac trip here.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 5th grade.