February 24th, 2020
Spelling: None today. We’ll be working on our leadership notebooks during spelling this again week.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due on Fridays.
Reading: We read a narrative nonfiction story about terrible child labor was in the 1900s.
A persuasive letter is due Sunday, March 1. Homework on weekdays is to work on writing for 15 minutes. Students should be done with prewriting by now and should have three paragraphs drafted by tonight.
Here are some resources to help with this project:
Science: We read more about particles and students used a simulation to observe what happens to air particles when a sound is made. Homework is to finish p. 27 started in class.
Social Studies: We started to read an article about market economies and to write notes about it.
Character Strength: We are learning about zest and enthusiasm this week.
- Celebration of Learning is Wednesday, March 4 from 4:30-7:00 pm. Come see your student’s leadership notebook, writing portfolio, and tour the school!
- Spring conferences are March 3 and 5. Students with academic or behavior concerns may be asked to attend a conference. View, sign up or edit your conference time here.
- Is your student doing a Daily Homework Time? Here’s a sample schedule and more ideas to get started.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at Jupiter Ed.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 5th grade.